Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feb 25, 10

The girls are 3 weeks old today! So, they are really 34 weeks, 5 days old. All are gaining weight. Peyton is now 4# 13 oz, Kendall is 3# 4.5 oz, and Chase is 3# 11.5 oz. All of them are bottle feeding, periodically. Peyton is eating the most at 42cc (approx. 8 teaspoons) and she took the entire feeding for me through her bottle today. Many times they will take part of the feeding through the bottle and then tucker out, so they'll get the rest through their feeding tube. The NICU staff seems happy with their weight gains - they gain about 1 or 1.5 oz a day lately. I continue to hold all of them when they are awake or while eating. The most important thing for them is still sleep, so I don't like to disturb them when they are "growing" peacefully. All are now on a multivitamin and Kendall passed her hearing test! I used "Kangaroo Care" with Peyton today. That's the nurses' term for holding them skin on skin on my chest. The theory is that it helps them bond, learn your smell, and ultimately is good for their development. I can't wait to do the same with Kendall and Chase! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment