Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First, thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts! I am home as of Monday. Girls will be in NICU at West Penn for approx. 2 weeks or more. Peyton, Kendall, and Chase are all doing well. They are getting very good care (Derick and I agree nurses and doctors are not paid enough!) around the clock. They continuously monitor heartrates, bloodpressures, and oxygen levels as well as any blood work that needs assessed. They are each in a different pod right now, but may eventually move to the same one, which would be nice for Derick and I when we visit. Trey is happy that I am home, but still has no concept that his sisters will follow shortly! His biggest obstacle right now is not understanding why I won't pick him up (doctor's orders.) He looked so big to me after just one week of being away. Daily our goal is to get the girls to continue to grow and mature. They've started feeding through a tube, so hopefully now they will begin to gain weight. They will move to bottle feeding in about 5 days. I have been told by each girl's nurses, more than once, that either they have "an attitude" or are "feisty"! Anyone surprised?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. I wish you the best of luck. I hope they have a very very smooth NICU stay.

    ReplyDelete